Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I know I know I know....its been forever and i'm sorry.

Hello fuckettes! I know I know. I haven't been posting in God knows when. My broke ass hasn't been paying my internet and they cut that shit off (I'm just trying to be honest, shit, I have nothing to hide) I"m so South East DC! So I've resorted to going to the internet place down the street and take advantage of their services. If this actually were DC I'd take my half used MAC makeup and return it at my nearest Nordstrom and get money back. God bless that stupid ass return policy. Hey, if it works for them I'm not complaining. But anyway, so much has been happening to me. I totally forgot to bring my camera to update you with fabulous and depict pictures of my experiences. So we'll just have to save those for next time. Instead you're going to be forced to actually READ! Instead of my stating the obvious with candid pictures and feeding you visually you're just going to have to use your minds and creatively interpret all my crazy banter on your own.

So In a nutshell I've gone to a fashion show, a PONDS soire', a Belvedere Vodka soire', a house party, I've had two fashion shoots (one paying one free), a go see with MEGA (a popular high fashion mag here in the Pilipinas), another drunken karaoke night at TopGrill, seen Borat twice, an interview with Shu Uemura, a multitude of gatherings with liquor involved and of course endless calorie splurge fests at my favorite eateries and restaurants around town. Oh wait....wait wait..I've fallen in love with an Argentinian model named MATIA. If I tried to give you all descript essays explaing each of them I'd be here at the internet cafe all night and they'd have to throw me out! Shit, I'm pissed too that my internet got cut cuz honestly , I wanted to show you all. oh well. We'll get to Matia later. I hope he's reading haha.

So lets start with the biggest change. The fact that there's a strong possibility that I might move to Shu Uemura...again. In a nutshell when I went to that Pond's soire i met this sweet sweet girl named Jackie Antonio who was such sweetheart and forwarded my number to the brand manager of Shu. Apparently she liked my friend, Ciara's makeup. So anyway, I get an interview with them and have a dinner meeting with the cheif makeup artist, Xeng Zulueta and Senior Product manager, Tessa Dragon. They're both so nice. Surprisingly articulate. I don't say that with the assumption that I was undermining their intelligence. Its just that you don't meet that many articulate people here that can speak english like the way they were speaking. whatever, I guess you just have to be there to hear what I mean. so I think I impressed them with my work cuz they invited me to do the Metro Wear fashion show on Thurs so that I can meet the team and so they can see how I work. Anyway, i was excited to do it. Unfortunatly I get a text from them the other day saying that i can't do it b/c I'm currently under contract with MAC! I was so dissapointed cuz technically I'm under contract with MAC but it a nonexclusive affair. I made sure before signing it that it was cool with the brand manager if I were to go work with other cosmetic lines. But apparently its not MAC that cares its SHU. So I have to wait til after my contract expires til they can continue talking to me. Either way I really hope I get it. Cuz I think it will help me be secure enough to stay here and really work. So keep your fingers crossed for me biatches!

So you might be asking me "Ron, why are you leaving MAC the company that you've been loyal to for so many years?" or not, but I'll answer it anyway. Its b/c unfortunately MAC here doesn't have their shit together and aren't able to deliver the expectations that I have and that I've become so accustomed to in the US. I love MAC! Dont get me wrong. But I have to go somewhere that allows me to grow as an artist right?! RIGHT! So thats what I'm doing. Going somewhere thats allowing me to grow and experience the next step for me to take over the makeup world! Mwahahaha! And fortunately SHU does have their shit together in this country. And I've also come to a crossroads. I need a job! A real job that pays the bills! Hence my internet got cut off! WTF! I also need someone to sponsor me so that I can get a working Visa in this crazy country so that I can stay. Its so crazy that I actually want to stay here! I know i know.

So the bottom line is. Until I get a stable job. I'M BROKE. Only in the Philppines can you be broke as a joke and still live the glamourous life. Helloooo did you read all the things that I did in the past two weeks! Its crazy. I literally have nothing and here I am rubbing elbows with the countries elite. But you know what? I could give a fuck about the countries "elite" (what the fuck does being an elite in the third world mean anyway?) all I care about is that these people are the only ones that can help me get a job. But I have to say that I've met a few honest, kind and genuine people along they way that I can be proud to say are my friends. So don't you bitches go around thinking or saying that I hunt down the powers of the country just to benefit my ass! Its only half true! haha. Shit you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway, I have to go now. the fucking internet cafe is about to close and I think they might forget that I'm in here cuz I'm the only one and accidentally lock me in here. So I'll tell you about everything else tomorrow fuckettes. Love ya!

Shit I forgot to talk about MATIA. Guess you guys are just going to have to wait. Sorry fuckettes. So you betta stay tuned!

No comments: