Sunday, December 17, 2006

Doughnuts, Cakes & Glamour...Oh MY!

Hello fuckettes. My God so many things have happened since I last talked to you guys. And its only been a few days. crazy! I know I've been neglecting you, my loyal fuckettes, but at least I have a lot to show.

So anyway, where do I begin? Let me start in chronological order.

Earlier this week my friend/photographer thats helping me out with my portfolio, Carina, took me to this fabulous little hole in the wall Italian restaurant called Amici. She's been telling me about it forever, but we never went. Anyway, its so unassuming cuz its not all that cute visually but let me tell you. The fucking food is sooo good AND super cheap. You can't beat that right? Its run by a bunch of Italian priests that came here like 100 years ago or something.


So my fat ass didn't know what to pick so I got this dish that was totally gluttenous with everything in it. I think the main ingredients were cellulite and triple bypass...but shit, it was crazy tasty




My quasi health conscious vegetarian friend Carina had something a little more humble..but equally tasty. This spinach lasagna thing...

then I just confirmed my triple bypass with a bit of gelato...so good, so good.



So the next morning my ass had to wake up earlier than usual 7:30am to be exact. I had a photoshoot with MEG magazine. Its like this teen fashion magazine here in the Philippines. Kinda like Seventeen or whatever. Anyway, I had sooo much fun. I always have fun during photoshoots. Its sooo not work cuz all you do is make people look cute and chit chat with models, photographers, stylists and just fun people and eat pizza. Here are pics from the shoot...


The concept of the shoot was how to do your makeup to improve your graduating pic for highschool and college and the different things you should focus on to make it look the best it can be. They took a pic of me styling and doing the makeup and they're going to put me in it as well as quotes from me. hooray! how cool eh?

By the way I was in Nov Cosmo too! it was so cool to be in a mag for the first time as a makeup artist. It was a small article but it was cool none the less. i was the "guest makeup artist" for MAC and I did makeovers on some lucky contest COSMO readers. here it is




So slowly yet surely I'm getting myself known out there. Which is good. The MEG issue with me in it isn't hitting the newstand until March though.

Anyway, you know living here in Makati you don't really get to experience the filipno culture too much cuz its so city. But while I went to the less cosmopolitan part of Makati I ran across a street filled with street vendors and I found this..


Its called "quek quek" (i think thats how you spell it) they're essentially deep fried eggs. you can either get 5 deep fried quail eggs or single deep friend "Penoy" ones. Penoy is the early stages of "Bulot" To most Americans Bulot is kinda gross. They're duck eggs with developed chicks inside before the chick hatches they fucking boil the eggs and eat the chick whole. Its gross I know. So gross they even made bitches eat it on Fear Factor. Anyway, Penoy is bulot but its not a developed chick yet but it was a fertilized egg. So when you open it it has veins and shit. Its so gross. So of course I refused not to eat the Penoy one and opted for the quail eggs. Anyway, it tasted exactly what it is a deep fried egg, nothing special. I expected it to be laced with spices or whatever and that bitch tasted just like a fucking crunchy egg. I was disapointed. But hey, it was nice to experience something new. I like doing stuff like that cuz its really something you can't find in the States.

Speaking of food. I went to this restaurant called the Filling Station off of Makati Ave in the middle of all the prostitues and pimps and I had the biggest slice of cake

thats bitchy McBitch Al in the background. He thinks he's Miss Fitness USA now cuz he goes to the gym or whatever. haha he'll be eating cake with me again in no time.

It was cheap as hell too only P80 ($1.60) crazy huh??? Gotta love that exchange rate.

yeah I went with these two snob bitches. AL and ART (look at ART's face...he thinks he's all that)

So the next day as I was forced to fucking walk to Greenbelt to meet some friends for dinner. I had to walk cuz it was next to impossible to find a cab that wasn't try to extort a thousand pesos for a 5 min drive. Anyway, during my impromptu workout I ran in this lively group of protestors.


I don't know what the hell they were protesting but I'm sure it had to do with something about the President. Either way it seems no matter how much these people protest the government still stays shitty. What the hell do they need to do? I don't know. I hate to say that its a lost cause.

You won't believe it but the Philippines finally decided to get progressive and open up you know what???

YES ITS VERY FIRST KRISPY KREME STORE

Finally shit! how late can the Philippines be? Hello the krispy kreme name says it all "since 1937" enough said.




Shit you would think they were giving away free Hermes Birkin bags or whatever..



Damn you Krispy Kreme and your sweet sinful decadence!!!

So after the Krispy Kreme overdose i headed my ass to the Mandarin Oriental where my girls Lani and Jess were having their despedida. They're leaving me here in the third world to fend for myself. First it was Dawnie and now its the last two Aussies!!?? what? Anyway, here are some pics of everyone partying and getting drunk. of course before we all headed out to the one and only club Embassy.


So the partying continues the next day cuz it was my girl Jacq's birthday party at this bar called CITRUS at Glorietta 2. It was so fun!!! We all get fucked up off of Jack Daniels and there was a serious cake fight! It was a sticky situation but definitely a memory that I'll never forget. Check out the pics below...







Shit it was defintely good times. I've never been in an actual food fight but this definitely was a fun one. It was all Will's bright idea. Nice one Will. Anyway, got crazy drunk and partied the remnants of the night at Embassy, of course, where else. Woke up at fuckin 3pm the next day with a wicked hangover and still reaked of cake icing even after a drunken shower when i got home. I met a whole bunch of cool people, Aaron and Justine, the two horny guys Paul and Johannes from Australia, Ava and some other random drunk girls but had to say goodbye to Jess and Lani but maybe Lani will change her mind if she decides to take on a certain project here in the Philippines. I hope so. I love you all and keep reading about my on going craziness that is my life. Love you fuckettes. toodlesxoxox

No comments: